Based on my book “Resilience Art: A Grief Coloring Book Using Ritual and Music to Help You Grow,” I have created an uplifting workshop where I will show attendees how to use my coloring book to self-nurture, and to help honor the pain of their grief and transform it into healing with creative rituals and music especially chosen for the event.
Music has the power to ground us, to lighten our heavy hearts, and to help us heal.
The creative arts are wonderfully effective ways to express sorrow and other emotions of grief, and the combination of music and art encourages our natural resilience to emerge, and helps us regain our emotional footing.
For information and to register:
Call Elaine at 317-730-5481.
Grief is a normal and healthy reaction to loss, and so is resilience. We all have the capacity to learn how to live with our losses and to apply our own style of grieving to the healing process. This usually takes time and happens gradually.
We don’t overcome grief, we make room for it in our psyche and we find a place in which grief can co-exist with our other memories.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone grieving the loss of a loved one
- Family caregivers
- Professional caregivers
- Activity directors of assisted living centers
- Students studying social work and psychology
- The workshop is two hours in length.
- All coloring supplies are provided including crayons, coloring pencils, and liquid ink pens.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear comfortable loose clothing and to bring at least 1-3 items related to your grief, such as a photo of your loved one, a small figurine that symbolizes your loss, etc.
- Previous art experience is not necessary.
- The cost is $40 per person and includes the coloring book
For information and to register, please call Elaine at 317-730-5481