I love working with men and women from different walks of life who want to grow personally and professionally. Some of the characteristics they share in common are:
- being open to learning
- having a desire to want more from life
- a passion to live the authentic life that is uniquely theirs
What is Coaching?
I believe that coaching is a mutually responsible relationship between coaches and clients designed to help clients determine their own destiny. Just as Olympic athletes don’t rely solely on physical training without the support, objective feedback and experience of an athletic coach, many of today’s most successful leaders, entrepreneurs and individuals utilize the perspective and experience of a coach to help lift their personal lives and careers to the next level.
Why Does Coaching Work?
Accountability is built in. In addition to monthly face to face coaching sessions, I provide 1-2 calls and unlimited e-mail exchanges each month with clients; this encourages them to work harder at their goals than if they were working alone. You can relate to this if you work out with a personal trainer at the gym – you work harder at those times than when you work out by yourself.
Expertise counts. As a trained life coach and a former therapist, I know how to listen to both feelings and words. This helps you think with more clarity, and structure your personal and professional life around the right goals to improve productivity and life satisfaction. You’ll achieve more in less time with input that is supportive, motivating, compassionate and real world-based.
Delivery makes a difference. An objective, positive coach knows how to motivate without arm-twisting or nagging. My combined approach of monthly face to face sessions, 1-2 calls a month, and unlimited emails gives you time to integrate new ways of thinking and acting. Being coached is energizing and uplifting and, even when it’s challenging, there is a sense of growing self-confidence that helps make it fun.
Fast results are motivating. Most people find that things start to happen quickly after hiring a coach. Events seem to gain momentum, and each day brings renewed enthusiasm for success in reaching goals that naturally motivate you. If there’s a gap between where you are today and where you want to be, you are a good candidate for coaching. I will help you close the gap, and help you break through limited beliefs. I will challenge you to think on a bigger scale about what is possible. As one client put it, “…you helped me see the landscape of my situation in new and exciting ways.”
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Coach?
- You start making more focused and effective choices that are congruent with your values
- You stop tolerating what is no longer acceptable to you from others and from yourself
- You see more clearly the options you have to support you in changing your life
- You set and achieve goals that are based on what you really want in life
- You set clear boundaries in your life that bring a sense of empowerment and joy
- You have more energy and enthusiasm for life
Are You a Good Candidate for Coaching?
If there’s a gap between where you are today in your personal and professional life and where you want to be, you are a good candidate for coaching. Clients seek coaching for many different reasons, but they share some common characteristics listed below. See how many of them apply to you:
- They are ready for a change – they want life to be different in some significant area.
- They feel unsure of where to start but they are motivated to make a change happen.
- They have tried some things in the past, on their own or with the help of a loved one, that haven’t produced the results they wanted or illuminated the right answers.
- They are prepared to look deeply into what they are most passionate about and the kind of legacy they want to leave.
- They sense that they are ready to make a major decision but they lack the confidence to step out and do it.