Conscious Aging Workshop
I am offering a new workshop series titled “Conscious Aging” that was developed by IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences) with the goals to help people “cultivate wisdom, connect with others and celebrate life”. The final third of life is a great opportunity for spiritual, emotional and psychological growth; it’s a time to celebrate a life journey, to harvest the wisdom of those experiences and to share what was meaningful in the company of others. And yet, in our youth-oriented culture, there is a lot of fear and anxiety about growing older, especially for those who enter their later years alone.
Recognizing this, the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) developed a program specifically for seniors who are ready to embrace this final stage of their journey. The program was 4 years in the making; since IONS is a science-based institution founded by Edgar Mitchell, one of the early astronauts, it was field-tested across a broad range of contributors and settings; including ministers, nurses, life coaches, spiritual directors, senior centers, churches, universities and retirement communities. It is based on the research and practices described in two seminal IONS books, Consciousness and Healing: Integral Approaches to Mind-Body Medicine, and Living Deeply: The Art and Science of Transformation in Everyday Life.
Many of my clients are yearning to engage in dialogue together on the issues addressed by the workshop. I have found that Boomers in their fifties and sixties are especially seeking guidance, meaning making, connections and community to help prepare and strengthen themselves as they approach their aging years. You will experience all of that and more by participating in this unique eight-session program. I became trained in this wonderfully rich program to help encourage seniors and others to explore consciousness in ways that help them become more balanced, self-compassionate, intentional about their aging, skilled at coping with impermanence and change, calm in the presence of death and dying, and connected with others through the aging process.
Each workshop will focus on listening to our own inner wisdom and guidance, integrating Talking Points and best practices, sharing in intimate conversation circles, and listening to the collective wisdom of the group.
In this workshop series you will learn how to:
- Explore unexamined, self-limiting beliefs, stereotypes and assumptions about aging and make better, more conscious choices about our worldviews on aging;
- Develop self-compassion to cope more effectively with change, worry, and stresses associated with aging;
- Discover and reflect on what has given heart and meaning to our lives and how that informs our intentions for our aging process;
- Enhance connection and reduce isolation from others and the web of life by understanding our shared humanity in the aging process;
- Reduce fear and increase acceptance in the presence of death and dying for ourselves and for our loved ones.
Introduction to Conscious Aging
Death Makes Life Possible
Surrender – Letting Go
Creating a New Vision of Aging
Dates & Location of the Workshop
All sessions meet at my practice located at 8520 Allison Pointe Blvd Ste 220 Indianapolis, IN 46250.
The 8 week series starts on SAT, June 3, 2017 and continues on the following Saturdays: June 10, 17 and 24th.
Sat, June 3
- Session One: Introduction to Conscious Aging, 10 am – noon
- Session Two: Self-Compassion, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Sat, June 10
- Session Three: Forgiveness, 10 am – noon
- Session Four: Life Review, 1:30 pm- 3:30 pm
Sat, June 17
- Session Five: Transformative Practices, 10 am – noon
- Session Six: Death Makes Life Possible, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Sat, June 24
- Session Seven: Surrender – Letting Go, 10 am – noon
- Session Eight: Creating a New Vision of Aging, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
$140 for the entire 8-week workshop series, includes light refreshments at each session, and a copy of the workbook. Consider taking the workshop with your spouse, partner, or a friend!